Company History

Curley Packing Company began business in Colonial Beach as an oyster packing plant by L. L. Curley, Sr. in 1932. The oyster packing plant, where he packed his “Pearl of Perfection” brand oysters, is still located on 551 Lafayette Street in Colonial Beach.

In the 1950’s he purchased property that he later developed into Monroe Bay Estates, Monroe Bay Campground, and Monroe Bay Mobile Home Park all located on Monroe Bay Circle in Westmoreland County directly across from the Packing House and Monroe Bay Marina.

He continued to pack oysters until his passing in 1994, and Curley Packing Company continued to pack oysters until 2002. We now operate Monroe Bay Campground, Monroe Bay Marina and Monroe Bay Mobile Home Park full time.